Thursday, February 4, 2010

of busy days and electrocutions

I love Elliot. She did her absolute best to make my birthday amazing. She put up the big HAPPY BIRTHDAY banner, made me a tinfoil crown, and a beautiful card. She even got together with Mrs.Waid and had the Handicrafts women embroider a t-shirt for me of my favourite design (it was on a set of tea towels but they were able to put it on a t-shirt--it's adorable!).

Honestly, one of the best parts was having an extra 14hrs of birthday. I mean, it was my 21st right? I've earned it :) lol I couldn't believe how many people wrote emails, messages, and comments! Man, I should leave home more often--just kidding Mom! lol So thank-you to everyone who wrote me because it really made me feel loved!

Also to Brianna, Lizzy, Catie, G&G White, and WallaWalla thank-you for your packages and cards! I've eaten most of the chocolate and ALL of Catie's English Toffee almond roca... Mmm it was absolutely delicious. I can't wait to see you guys again!

Since I made my list of things to do, I have been so crazy busy. I teach in the mornings longer than usual (Mrs.Waid extended English class so the kids can get as much as they can before we all leave) and then we have afternoon classes as well. Elliot and I are setting up art packs so that they can continue art class even after we are gone. We are cutting out fish to be coloured and tied to pieces of twine ("Let's Go Fishin' "), eggs to be decorated at Easter, and tracing vases on construction paper to be coloured and then rice and seeds glued on as flowers. It's pretty intense coming up with ideas but we are padding the schedule with Play Doh days and watercolour painting. We are just trying to come up with one BIG project per month.

I'm also trying to spend more time with the kids, playing, reading stories, and just holding them. I've been so tired the past months that I usually retreat to my room to rest before the next Handicrafts or storage room attack. But in my last couple months, I want to do better!

Funny Story though: last night I was charging my computer in our spare room. I was using Ryan's small adapter because my big voltage adapter hasn't been working lately for some reason. I was taking it back to him but when I pulled it off the wall, the plastic casing came off but I didn't realize the inside and front panel were still attached to the socket. I brought the casing back to Ryan, then had to come back for the rest. Not even stopping for a SECOND to think about it, I reached out and grabbed the METAL prongs still attached to the 220volt outlet. Not the smartest thing I've ever done! I didn't burn my hand but my whole arm was jolted back to life. My goodness... lol I can just see Dad shaking his head at me, incredulous that his OWN DAUGHTER did that.. Sorry Dad--I know I'm an electrical disappointment lol :)

tis all for now, nothing that incredibly interesting has been going on... Thanks again for the birthday wishes,
ami tomake bhalobashi

No comments:

Post a Comment