Monday, March 15, 2010

of Litton and computer experts

Allow me to introduce you to Litton. Litton is not an orphan here but he has had a significant impact on my life and I think you should get to know him. Litton works here as the business manager and is one of THE hardest working people at Bangla Hope, hands down. The amazing thing is that he's only about 26! He went to school in India at Spicer College and earned his undergraduate in business then completed his masters of English. He worked his way through school, tutoring Korean students and fighting to catch a few hours of sleep before morning classes. Right now he could be back at Spicer, earning a nice salary as a professor but instead he is here at Bangla Hope, helping us.


Litton is also one of the most spiritual people I've met in Bangladesh. He has been beaten down, gossiped about, and threatened yet still remains faithful to God and in pursuit of the right. I wish there were more men like him in Bangladesh, even more men like him here at the orphanage! Litton has shown me what it means to truly follow God and His plan for you against all odds. He has inspired me to be active in my spiritual life and not sit down complaining when things don't go your way. I wish I could tell you more of his incredible story but out of respect I'll leave it at what I've written.


I chose to write about Litton tonight because I had to say goodbye to him today. As you know, he and Suborna just got married this last Friday and are now making their way down to his village for some more wedding festivities. After that, he has to go down south with the American group coming in so I won't get to see him before I leave... It was just another goodbye that shocked me into realizing that I only have 10 days left in Bangladesh. That's it. Oh dear.
Today I was on a mission. My poor computer Daphne has been having problems with the pre-release version of Windows 7 that she was loaded up with before coming to Bangladesh. For the past couple days, she has been randomly restarting (sometimes in the middle of a blog grr...) and when I'm sleeping in the middle of the night she will turn back on even with the lid closed. It's so weird. I was going to wait until I got home to do anything about it but today it was too much after she crashed twice.
Josiah said he had the disc for the new Windows 7 but that doesn't help much when you have a netbook (aka no disc drive). Thus I had to steal Shati's external dvd player and reinstall Windows. It didn't take too long but somewhere along the way, especially with the kind of heat we've been having here, I fell asleep for a 30min GLORIOUS nap... Mmm I love naps! So it's installed and she hasn't had any seizures yet, which is a very good sign. The bummer of it all is that the internet is too slow to download any of the programs I lost when I reformatted: Skype, Mozilla, iTunes, K-Lite Media Player... grr... But at least she's not seizing anymore--that's the bright side! I just can't put into words how much I hate Windows Explorer... grrrr...


Josiah says that now that I've reformatted my hard drive, I'm now certified as a computer expert here in Bangladesh! lol That's their answer to everything here, and the reason why Josiah is missing 80gb in pictures and music. He was having troubles connecting to the internet so the computer tech came and, unbeknownst to Josiah, wiped his hard drive. Yeah, that will solve the problem... lol So if anyone needs me to look at their computer when I get home, I can! I may not fix the problem but I'll give you a lot more hard drive space to figure it all out! lol

anyways, tomorrow is Day 10 in my little countdown so I need to get the catalog finished, pump out some more art projects, and help Mrs.Waid hand out the spring dresses to the little girls. Long day ahead means Jehanna needs sleep!
ami tomake bhalobashi

No comments:

Post a Comment